Core Subject Support
Maths, Writing and Reading GLD Workshop for all Parents
- We looked at the ELG expectations for writing, reading and maths.
- We discussed the EYFSP assessment process and what pupils need to achieve to reach GLD
- We modelled teaching a maths, reading and writing lesson.
- We discussed the importance of daily reading (only 3 out of 37 parents read daily)
- We modelled how to use the marking policy and trained parents on the symbols.
- We modelled how pupils self-assess to improve their writing.
- We shared resources to support with maths expectations.
- We shared and modelled reading strategies to decode words and discussed comprehension expectations.
- “I always attend these workshops because in this way we know where we start; looking forward to more”
- “It was amazing thank you so much.”
- “Thank you was very helpful, more workshops about reading
- “It was a perfect workshop”
- “Thank you, very useful”