It has been lovely to see all of our pupils returning to school. They have settled in extremely well and have been enjoying getting back to normal learning.
From 8 March, school attendance will be mandatory and our usual rules on attendance will apply.
As a reminder, your child should self-isolate and not come to school if they:
- Have coronavirus symptoms or have tested positive
- Live with someone who has symptoms or have tested positive
- Are a close contact of someone who has tested positive
In line with the latest government guidance, pupils who are clinically extremely vulnerable should not attend school. If your child is in this group, we require a copy of their shielding letter that you will have received from the NHS. Pupils shielding should continue to learn from home until further notice.
Our safety measures
Rest assured that we’re doing everything we can to make sure our pupils can return to school safely. We’ll be taking the following protective measures to keep everyone safe:
Please refer to our risk assessments linked at the bottom of this page which includes:
- Procedures for going to and from school, such as:
- Staggered drop off and pick up times to keep groups apart as they arrive and leave.
- Split lunch and break times for bubbles.
- A reminder that gathering at the school gate and otherwise coming onto the site without an appointment is not allowed.
- Avoiding unnecessary sharing of items
- Enhanced cleaning throughout the day
- The use of face covering by staff who work across pupil groups
- Staff carrying out lateral flow testing twice a week.
- Hygiene measures such as hand-washing
Lockdown has been a challenging period for all of us, and we’d like to thank you for your continuing support during this difficult and uncertain time. If you or your child have any concerns about returning to school, or if you think your child might need extra support when they return, please get in touch with the Office on 0208 9523272.
We’d also like to thank you for all your support in helping your child learn from home. We’ll continue to keep in touch if we update our plans or if we need to make changes due to new government guidance.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs S Crick