The Fir4Life Harrow project was formed 3 years ago in response to the figures from the National Child Measurement Programme which showed that pupils in Harrow were, and still are, fairing badly health wise compared to other Boroughs in London.
A charter has been produced in conjunction with the London Borough of Harrow, the Public Health team and Harrow Education Partnership. This charter is a commitment from ALL Harrow schools to improve the health outcomes of its pupils.
As a parent of a Harrow pupil, it is expected that you uphold your section of this charter by pledging to:
- Reduce the amount of sugary foods and drinks
- Provide healthy snacks at the end of the school day
- Exercise with children outside of school for at least 30 minutes a day – this could be as simple as a walk
- Sign-up and regularly attend an NHS Dentist and ensure your child brushes their teeth at least twice a day.
- Ensure your children are up-to-date with vaccinations
- Talk to your children each day about how they are feeling and how their day went.
Health and Fitness must be a priority to help improve your children’s life chances.