Make it Count
From Mental Health Foundation
The guide - linked below - is for children and young people, It has some advice on how to keep yourself mentally healthy. Staying mentally healthy is just as important as staying physically healthy.
It's important that we try to look after our mental health every day. This guide will give you some great tips for how to do that. It will also give you tips on what to do if times get difficult.
What is mental health?
We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Being mentally healthy means that:
- we feel good about ourselves
- we can make and keep positive relationships with others
- we feel able to manage our feelings rather than feeling overwhelmed by them
- we have interests or hobbies that we enjoy
- we feel hopeful and positive about the future.
Good mental health helps us to cope with life’s ups and downs. Sometimes it's best to ask for support from others if we need it.